Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Is NICI = Janta?

A few weeks ago, I won this cat from eBay. The seller listed it as NICI item and that's why I decided to bid for it. However, when I received it, there's no NICI tag on it. Instead, it has a Janta tag.

What makes it interesting is the back side of the tag. It says 'Janta Germany, 96264 Altenkunstadt' which is similar to NICI tag which says 'NICI Germany, 96264 Altenkunstadt'. So, I wonder if actually Janta = NICI? Maybe Janta is the former name of NICI..

Here I show you my orange cutie cat.. It is actually very cute and has very soft fur, regardless whether it is NICI or Janta.. :D

Front View
Side View
 And here are the tags..
Front View

Back View

Hopefully somebody can help me clarify.. Maybe from NICI official itself.. :D

8 comments:

  1. Well, I have no idea. Anyone know if it was called so before NICI, or always been NICI? Anyway, the cat looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont believe that janta = nici...
    you probably have to ask the Nici

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. i dunno also.. because if I google it, the results always give me NICI Janta for unknown reasons. :P and in eBay also.. the Janta products always have NICI word.. :D maybe I'll ask NICI later..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I'm from Germany and I can help you. '96264 Altenkunstadt' is just a postal code and the name of a city. In Altenkunstadt are a lot of companies which produces plush animals. So there is no connection between these two companies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Owh.. I see.. Thanks a lot for the clarification.
    I wonder why people always write NICI Janta instead of Janta. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janta is a bit cheaper than nici but the quality is the same. And it's being selled by Nici shops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see.. That's why people always put NICI Janta when they sell in eBay.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my toy i lost it in the metro, it special to me 😔 please follow the URL TO contact me on Instagram @fox.mill, thank you 😊

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home