Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fake Monkey or Original Monkey?? Help me identify..

Today, I went to Orchard Road to meet old friend.. On my way back to the bus stop, I spotted a 'weird' NICI Classic Monkey in Takashimaya..

After thinking for a while, I decided to buy it since I never see this monkey and thought that she will be a nice partner for my 55cm dangling monkey at home.

But... When I compare my new monkey with my old 55cm dangling monkey, there are some strange differences which I believe they should be the same.

Here are some of the differences:
1. My old monkey is smaller than the new one while actually their sizes should be the same (I believe so)
2. My old monkey has NICI tag like all my other monkeys while the new one has NICI* tag (makes me thing she is weird)
3. My old monkey hair is darker than the new one (maybe the new one is blonde version)
4. My old monkey has NICI Classic Wild Friend picture tag while the new one only has a plain NICI* Wild Friends picture tag (weirder..)

Here are some photos of both monkeys..
New Monkey
New monkey
New Monkey Tag
New Monkey Tag
NICI* Tag (taped with the picture tag)
New Monkey
Old vs. New (notice the hair color)
old vs. new (see the size difference)
old vs. new (the new one has bigger palms and feet)

like mother and son =_=
old tag vs. new tag

Besides comparing the new monkey with my old monkey, I compared it also with my fake NICI monkey (which I bought from my school bazaar) and with Jill Husky tag. See the comparisons below:

I wonder whether my new monkey is original or not.. I am pretty sure that it is original although it is a bit different than my other monkeys. Hopefully somebody can help me verify this. >.<

Poor monkey.. I hope she is 100% original..

8 comments:

  1. Well, sometimes even stuffed animals are the same model are somewhat different and may pass it this time. It seems to me that if it is original, although it seems strange that the label is covered with that ... Anyway, is beatiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The label is taped because the picture tag is cut off from the hanger. =D

    Hopefully NICI Germany can help me verify..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, I'm not sure, but the label seems to be of poor quality...
    I think it is a good imitation, but I'm not sure..
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also not sure. But I bought it from the place where I bought some of my monkeys and with original price. I hope Nici germany replies to my product feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the old one better! The new monkey has dyed hair! Hahaha but both are super cute I want to squeeze them! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha.. ya they are both very cute but I still want to know if the new one is also original.. >.< if not I want to ask for refund.. =p

    have you ever seen the monkey with NICI* tag instead of NICI tag?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stephanie,

    I discovered your blog when I was searching for a nici collector. Then I saw your post about fake nici product. I'm currently in the middle of creating a page about nici toys and would love to add your blog in my nici collector links. Is it okay with you? =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deyani,

    Sure. You can link my blog to ur page. :D you can also follow my blog if you want. :)

    ReplyDelete

Newer Posts Older Posts Home